Connect with our housing experts for support
Due to the lack of available and affordable housing in the United States, securing housing for arriving refugees and newcomers can be challenging. Refugee Housing Solutions provides technical assistance to resettlement practitioners, landlords, property managers, housing providers, and volunteers through educational tools, training, and one-on-one support.
Technical Assistance sessions cover topics such as:
- Understanding the housing crisis
- Refugee resettlement in the United States
- Strategies for developing community partnerships to increase housing resources
- Housing advocacy and opportunities for involvement
- Public housing
- Housing subsidies available to refugees and newcomers
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for renting to refugees
- Landlord and property management resources
- Understanding roles and responsibilities as a tenant and/or resettlement agency
- Housing resources to providing effective case management
- Tools to assist resettlement practitioners with landlord outreach and recruitment
Virtual office hours are held every Monday from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM ET and Wednesday from 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM ET, with 20 minutes being allocated to each appointment. Please book in advance via the booking tool.
Ways to Prepare
Refugee Housing Solutions intends to provide housing technical assistance to best meet your needs. To assist us in this effort, please ensure your request aligns with the technical assistance provided. Additionally, should you have a request not listed, please reach out so that we can direct you appropriately. Refugee Housing Solutions does not provide direct case management or individual housing searches, however, we are working to create efficient housing search tools and innovative solutions to the affordability and availability crisis in addition to our resource development, technical assistance, and training opportunities included on the website.
How to Submit a Request
To schedule an appointment with one of our team members, please enter your contact details and technical assistance request in our Microsoft Bookings scheduling system.
Have questions? Not ready to book a session yet?
Fill out the form below to get in touch with one of our team members.
We want to hear from you!
Are you a housing expert interested in providing support to our community? And/or have you launched a creative housing solution or funding opportunities in your local community to support access to affordable housing?