- Community Sponsors
- Landlords/Property Managers
- Resettlement Agencies
- Housing Toolkit & Navigating Housing Resources
- Trainings & Webinars
- Understanding the U.S. Housing Crisis
Demystifying the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Understand the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) engagement with refugees over the past two years. Learn about HUD's short-term and long-term rental assistance programs that are appropriate for newcomers.
What will this webinar cover?
This webinar will be useful for those seeking to understand the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) resources for resettlement agency case managers, refugee service providers, state refugee coordinators, and landlords and property managers interested in learning how to apply for HUD resources to serve refugee populations/clients. This webinar will review a foundational body of knowledge of HUD as it pertains to refugee resettlement, provide contextualized information about working with refugees while navigating different housing markets/topics, and describe key voucher programs HUD offers for vulnerable refugee populations in the United States.
Is this webinar for me?
This webinar is aimed at front-line refugee service providers seeking to short term or long-term housing solutions for refugees, or those who are considering expanding their housing services for refugees.
Why should I participate?
After participating in this 60-minute session, you will be able to:
- Understand the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) Engagement with Refugees over the Past Two Years;
- Weigh the pros and cons of the misconceptions of HUD programs when determining the best strategy for short term and long-term housing options;
- Learn about the rental assistance programs HUD offers for newcomers and refugees for identifying and establishing collaborative partnerships that will expand your program capacity; and
- Find HUD-Approved Housing Counseling agencies near you or learn how to connect with your local HUD Field Office and Public Housing Agency