Blogs on Ways to Become a Good Tenant
Because newcomers have no rental history in the U.S., it's important to understand how to become good tenants. To be a good tenant, one must know their rights and responsibilities. These opinion articles provide tips and tricks on explaining the importance of being a good tenant and how it contributes to a positive rental history.
- Understanding Your Basic Rights as a Renter
- Renters Guide (June 20, 2017)
- Landlord Responsibilities and Duties of a Tenant
- Zillow Rentals Resource Center (February 10, 2021)
- 8 Tips to Help You Get Along with Your Landlord
- ApartmentGuide.com (September 17, 2019)
- Are You a Good Tenant? 6 Qualities Your Landlord Will Appreciate
- Rent.com (September 30, 2021)
- 12 Tips for Being a Great Tenant that Landlords Love for Apartments
- Money Crashers
- How to get an apartment with no rental history
- Apartment List (April 23, 2022)
Learn more about legal requirements and find answers to commonly asked questions about partnering with refugee resettlement agencies to provide housing to newcomers.
Housing Resources for Refugees and Newcomers
One of the primary challenges resettlement practitioners and newcomers encounter is how to navigate the housing market effectively. This resource provides information and tools for successfully finding and securing proper housing for newcomers.